Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

F STOP, EXPOSURE AND SHUTTER SPEED



This demo comes from Dry Reading by Craig Hickman who states:

"I'm testing a new Flash movie designed to teach exposure concepts as they relate to digital cameras. Anyone can use it but it was originally designed for my students at the University of Oregon in the Digital Arts, Digital Imaging class. It still has a few rough edges and bugs, but you can try it out."

While it is not perfect, it does give you the idea and concept of Exposure, Shutter Speed and ISO changes and what happens to the photo in each situation.

Thanks Craig, its a lot of fun.

____________________________________________________

Sometimes I also want ot check an F-stop table. I have 2 that I have bookmarked for easy access.


This first one comes from Joe Miller's site at http://www.fineart-photography.com/



The second one comes from http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/fstops.html. It does not reference a name but I have used this one for years. Warning: This site does have a popup screen that comes in behind it.

No comments: