Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan - New Art

While searching today for anticipation of the next book by John Flanagan in the Ranger's Apprentice Series, I had to marvel at the new artwork for the books. This seems to be a turn that a lot of companies are turning to and making the books almost feel like trading cards. I do like most of the new artwork and still like some of the old artwork. Around the world where released there have been many covers to simple yet well done arrows to this new more dramatic painted scenes. I really did not like the photo covers of the early books, so this makes you wonder what is next. Tamora Pierce has done this with her Tortall Series and that made me bite the bullet and pick up 1 of the Alanna titles that I could not resist the artwork on.

The next question is- will you purchase a new set of these to get the new covers? I personally will purchase the new books in the series and even continue to order from overseas but I am not sure I will collect all the covers, but it sure makes me wish I had waited sometimes.

No comments: