Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rangers Apprentice Series Update

I checked the AU website(http://www.rangersapprentice.com.au/index.asp) the other day and John advised that the new book (#9)"Halts Peril" will be out on November 2nd.

If you are a die hard fan like my daughter and I you will want to get it when it comes available. I have had alot of hits on this page concerning the Rangers Apprentice Series so I thought I would share the best place to order.

It is hard find a dealer that will have reasonable rates to the U.S. and some traps not to get caught in. I have ordered a number of times and have found that Chaos (http://chaos.com/) will handle the orders online as good if not better than anyone else. They are basically the equivalent of Amazon the world over, but for Australia.

When ordering you can find coupons on-line for discounts but do not use them for shipping. Go with the ones that give you a percentage off. For some reason the shipping coupons only apply to in country sales only. I have tried it.

You will have to sign up and create an account. They will send you spec ails (ads) about twice a month so if you do not want to be bothered use a second free mailbox (yahoo, google,hotmail, windows) that you can verify orders form. I like many use this strategy for anything I fill out online. It keeps your personal e-mail account clean.

If you are looking for the audio of the books net library which is affiliated with most libraries here in the southeast has them available on line for free. You can download it and listen for 30 days. The first 3 were available the day that the book was released here in the U.S., which was great. The last one that came out took almost 6 months longer.

The U.S. is catching up on the series in general. Australia has gone from a 6 month release date to a 12 month release. The U.S. also changed from 12 months to 9 months. But, I think it will never catch up completely.

The good news is that searching the places like Amazon, ebay and Craigs List will find you a used new release in about 2-3 months after the release.

Hope that helps folks.

No comments: