Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

RENAISSANCE MAN

It is not widely known but I have a story to tell and I am giving it a go in writing my first book. Who knows where it will go, but I will finish it. My oldest daughter and I read together before bed sometimes and it has been a treat to share with her my imaginary world.

After I'm done with it I would like to get other opinions and one form is to make an Internet audio book. I have been searching for the right tune to accompany the beginnings and chapter breaks and I think I have stumbled quite literally on a genre I really knew nothing about. But, I like it - are you ready for this Victorian or Classical Guitar. The style ranges from Circa 1400's - early 1920's I understand.

After hearing a few samples I searched the world wide web to see what was out there and there turns out to be not much in the way of listening. However I did run across one site that's intitled "Early Music" by Jon Sayles.

He has quite a bit to sample on this page and to me it is completely different than anything I have listened to. So expand your horizions and give it a listen. You may be suprised.

No comments: